Maanantaina massalla - tiistaina timmisti, kuntoilun kaaos ja kosmos in English

torstai 11. lokakuuta 2012

And I thought it would be a piece of Frankfurter...

Knee rises up only for the photo.
Yesterday afternoon I decided to run a bit longer route than I usually do. My original plan was to run roughly 10 miles (16 km). Anyway, there were some minor changes and some mysterious witchcraft on my route. At first, everything went well and I travelled about 6 miles in the first 60 minutes. After that, I had to take some walking steps, because I felt some pain in my foot. Then I went to buy a bottle of beverage and a small jar of protein drink. As always, I drank them both too quickly. My stomach sloshed like crazy when I tried to run again, fortunately it passed after a mile or so.


A long needed energy boost
Amount of the energy of five donuts!
My setbacks weren't done with me yet. As expected, I got lost and found myself behind rapid waters, several kilometers from the nearest bridge. My only choice was to try to run back to my starting point, calling the cab would have been even more humiliating. Finally, feeling totally exhausted, I run into community garden and just couldn't find my way out of there. That reminded me of the village from "The Prisoner" television series. Luckily I got out. 14.5 miles (23,5 km) of running and it took over three hours. Rather easy pace, but I am happy to survive.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti